Cool to be Kind is actively seeking a dedicated individual for the position of :
Data Integrity Volunteer
Cool to be Kind is a member of the Street Support Network, a charity dedicated to tackling homelessness all over Britain. We are currently seeking 1 or possibly 2 Data Integrity Volunteers who will be responsible for managing data from organisations based in Chelmsford and Essex. Your main task will involve inputting this data into our dedicated online platform. As the Street Support Network continues to grow, we anticipate further expanding our Data Integrity team to assist our efforts in addressing homelessness.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Maintain Street Support Chelmsford online documents, ensuring they are kept relevant, current and up to date. It is essential that these documents accurately reflect the ongoing activities of the organisations that fall into the Street Support Chelmsford directory.
- When required, monitor and remain informed about news updates, events, and developments related to the organisations listed in the Street Support Chelmsford directory. This includes being attentive to appeals for funding, volunteer vacancies, as well as job openings for paid staff positions.
- To regularly attend virtual meetings to discuss findings, the progress or ideas. Also, to offer suggestions for the improvement of the Street Support platform should these emerge. We encourage active participation and value the thoughts and ideas of our volunteers.
- Enter/update/delete data from online/scanned documents into our online platform.
Background and experience
- A strong grasp of Gmail and Google Drive, demonstrating proficiency in navigating and utilising these platforms effectively.
- Proficient understanding of Microsoft Office (Excel & Word).
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new online platforms. Training will be provided.
- Possess precise keyboard skills and a demonstrated capability to enter data efficiently and accurately.
Key Competencies and Skills
- You should be a self-motivated individual capable of working collaboratively as part of a team or independently when necessary.
- Ideally you have good planning abilities and can organise tasks effectively.
- It is essential that you can collect and manage information efficiently and effectively.
- As a data integrity specialist you have the capacity to analyse challenges and devise effective solutions.
- Attention to detail is important and you should demonstrate a meticulous approach to your work.
- You should possess the ability to assess situations, weigh options, and make well-informed choices.
- Proofreading and checking skills;
- Communication skills;
- Excellent time management skills.
You will need access to your own computer/laptop with internet access;
Commitment Length of appointment
There is a minimum requirement to commit to six months for this role with the intention of the role being extended.
The minimum weekly commitment for this position is 4-6 hours. The timing of data input will depend on the status of ongoing projects or regular business operations. It is expected that you take ownership of managing your time effectively to ensure timely completion of all assigned tasks for the week. However, if you encounter any difficulties, we strongly encourage you to reach out to us and seek assistance when needed.
In return for your dedication and commitment you will receive
- Excellent training & support;
- Ongoing support and guidance from your manager;
- Exposure to the third sector;
- This role provides an opportunity to contribute to Street Support Chelmsford’s future and make a difference in tackling homelessness.
- Should you choose to move on in the future we will provide you with written references detailing your contribution and our gratitude for the work that you will have done through helping us achieve our aims.
Street Support Chelmsford is part of a digital organisation with staff and volunteers living in UK. Our services are based in the UK but we welcome applications from across the world as long as your written and spoken English is fluent. Our meetings take place via Zoom.
The successful candidate will have a one-month probationary period to ensure that it’s the right fit for both you and us.
Throughout the first month, we will have regular check-ins to discuss how the appointment is going, to offer/receive feedback and to provide any support needed.
To apply as a volunteer, please complete our application form and send it along with your CV to: email@example.com, our Street Support Chelmsford Manager. Additionally, we kindly request that you include a brief statement highlighting the value you count on bringing to our organisation. Qualified candidates will be contacted for an informal Zoom chat with Helen.