Cool to be Kind is actively seeking a dedicated individual for the position of :
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Taking the lead in researching funding opportunities for Cool to be Kind.
- Writing bids.
- Developing a strategic approach to fundraising and generating ideas.
- Help with planning events.
- Assisting at events and fundraising days.
- Sharing and reporting progress of your work with other members of Cool to be Kind.
Education and experience
- Proficient understanding of Gmail and Google Drive;
- Proficient understanding of Microsoft Office (Excel & Word);
- Have key skills and experience of marketing/fundraising.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
Key Competencies and Skills
- A self-starter able to work independently and as a team;
- Planning and organising;
- Information collection and management;
- Problem solving;
- Attention to detail;
- Decision making skills;
- Proofreading and checking skills;
- Communication skills;
- Excellent time management skills.
You will need access to your own computer/laptop with internet access; A voluntary commitment to attending a monthly Cool to be Kind meeting on the first Thursday of each month (evening, approx. 2-2.5 hours in length) is requested. Attendance is not mandatory; however, the meeting is to update and share developments and progress of Cool to be Kind with other members of the Cool to be Kind team.
Commitment Length of appointment
There is a minimum requirement to commit to six months for this role with the intention of the role being extended.
We expect the minimum commitment is 4-6 hours per week. But this may vary depending on projects and events and what work is required to be completed at that given point. We ask that you take responsibility for managing your time to ensure all tasks are completed for that week. However, if you are struggling for any reason, please do ensure you speak to us and ask for help when needed, we are a team and great things can be achieved when we work together!
In return for your dedication and commitment you will receive
- Exposure to the third sector;
- Opportunity to help shape the future of Cool to be Kind and be part of tackling homelessness within our community.
- Should you choose to move on in the future we will provide you with written references detailing your contribution and our gratitude for the work that you will have done through helping us achieve our aims.
Remote, but being based in (or near) Chelmsford is preferred.
The successful candidate will have a one-month probationary period to ensure that it’s the right fit for both you and us.
Throughout the first month, we will have regular check-ins to discuss how the appointment is going, to offer/receive feedback and to provide any support needed.
Please complete our volunteer application form and email it and your CV to email@example.com. Please also include the value that you would add to our organisation. Successful applicants will be contacted to be invited to an informal chat over zoom.
This position remains open while advertised. Applicants will be shortlisted and contacted for interviews. Interviews will be held in person or remotely (Zoom or similar).